American Glass Guild 2007 Conference
American Glass Guild Logo. Designed by Dick Millard, Bevelled by Dennis Swan.
The American Glass Guild is holding its 2007 Conference in Providence, Rhode Island at the newly renovated Hilton Hotel. According to the overview, this year's conference will feature:
- Two and a half days of seminars, round-table discussions, slide shows and lectures, bookended by church tours and workshops
- Fabulous auction featuring original glass art, books and other fine gifts. Much of the auction's proceeds to benefit the James C. Whitney Memorial Scholarship Fund
- National and international professional notables will be making presentations and participating in panel and group discussions
- Based on review of the survey forms from the Albany conference, a strong emphasis will be placed on new work and design
- Both guided (tour bus) and self guided (walking) tours of notable, local stained glass installations, many by artists that will be presenting at or attending the conference
- Hands on workshops and in depth demonstrations covering techniques, materials and design
- 2007 Design Challenge — This is a design exercise. Your designs will be displayed at the AGG Providence conference.
Click here for the registration form.