Forum Home Post Anonymously Sign up Sign in

Fourm Redesign

Since the Forum "redesign", when I have signed in, it took a long time to load. Even when trying to read replies, it took a great deal of time to "load".

Now today, I log in and it is runing fast like all other Forums I watch. Has something changed? I am glad this happened, what ever it may be. Was this just my system or have others found this?

Dennis Swan

re: Fourm Redesign

Hi Dennis,

I haven't noticed a slow-down myself, but we have been making lots of changes over the past couple of days, so it is possible that you have been trying to view the site as we have been uploading the updates to the server. This could cause slowdowns or even error messages if you requested the page at the right (or wrong) time. If you notice the slowdowns again over the next little while, get back to me.

Thanks.

It is happening again. I use DSL and not cable.

This is the only site I visit that takes a great deal of time in loading. Even when I move within the site. Like I stated, it may be my old equipment, but it is the only forum or site I visit that it happens at. Just made me wonder why the difference.

Probably because the information is of such value to me, program knows I will wait for something of quality :~))

Add it to the file of information.

Dennis Swan

I'm not sure what could be causing the slowdown as it seems to be working reasonably fast here. Some questions:

1) How much of a slowdown is it (i.e. How long does it take for a page to load approximately)?

2) What browser/program you are using to visit the site?

3) Do all the pages of the site take a long time to load, or just the forum pages?

Thanks, Jason.

I just found a couple of markup errors that could have been causing some browsers to choke on the page. I have corrected them. Are things any faster now?

1) How much of a slowdown is it (i.e. How long does it take for a page to load approximately)?

About 2 Minutes each time I change pages. So I go to site, 2 MIN., go to Forum, 2 MIN, click on any message 2 MIN, log in to reply, 2 MIN, get back to message 2 MIN, so a minimum of 10 minutes just to get to your message and then start to reply

2) What browser/program you are using to visit the site?

Internet Explorer

3) Do all the pages of the site take a long time to load, or just the forum pages?

Yes, every page change takes time.

Dennis