Forum Home Post Anonymously Sign up Sign in

Gundar Robez Memorial

I've just been communicating with Scotty Giffen via e-mail , and he has mentioned that he would like to put together a memorial page for Gundar Robez. If anyone can contribute images of Gundar or his work, it would help us tremendously. We're scouring some old Leadline magazines right now, but we would appreciate any contributions that we can get.

Thanks in advance!

re: Gundar Robez Memorial

I work at a hotel in Niagara on the Lake where Mr. Robez has done a large piece. I can send pictures of whatever you need

Hi,

That would be great! You can e-mail the pictures and any descriptions of their placement, or anything else you may know about them, to me at jbrown@statslog.com when you have the time.

Thank you very much!

I have copies of all of Gundar's slides and can mail them to someone who can get them copied onto a disc. Call David Wilde 519 369-5587 or email davidwilde@bmts.com

Hi David, thanks a lot for the information about the slides in your possession. Elizabeth Steinebach knows a photographer who might be able to get the slides into a digital format, and she mentioned that she would contact you about it. Hopefully we can get the memorial for Gundar up soon.

Sorry its taken so long to reply. We're working on getting Gundar's stuff to the Corning Museum so they can make his CV and slides into digital data banks for the future studies of his works. Thanks Jason, belatedly. Same phone number, 519 369-5587. David

email: bartwildman@yahoo.com to get in touch with David Wilde

Look forward to the summer issue, 2013 of the Stained Glass Quarterly regarding a Robez design, redefined as a mosaic for the Hospital for Sick Children, 8th Floor, Cancer Ward.