Forum Home Post Anonymously Sign up Sign in

Comments: On the road to the Summer Conference in Buffalo - Day two

Please post your comments here on the front page news article On the road to the Summer Conference in Buffalo - Day two.

re: Comments: On the road to the Summer Conference in Buffalo -

This was originally on the bus tour. But because the house was under construction with much of the stained glass removed and an added expense in the for of admission it was decided to not go to the Martin house.

Vic

Hello Vic,

Nice to see you back, visiting the forum. I can totally appreciate the extra cost, both of getting a bus into the tiny street and the cost of admission, with docent led tour. We took the two hour 'Intensive' tour, though the complex does do a one hour one. When Michael and I visited ten years ago, they actually customized the tour to specifically be interesting to stained glass artists and architects. There were enough stained glass windows original to the various rooms that you could get a sense of what Wright was trying to do. Most of the photographs, even in higher quality books, do not do the windows justice, so even seeing just a few of them , was well worth it. Anything you can mention about what we might see in Detroit?

elizabeth

"Anything you can mention about what we might see in Detroit?"

It's a bit early for the details. Barbara is organizing the conference and she lives near Detroit. So I would expect she knows all the good stuff.

Vic